NORTH FLORIDA MARINE SCIENCE SYMPOSIUM
The 2018 meeting was a smashing success with about 100 attendees! We were hosted by UF’s Whitney Laboratory for Marine Science. Attendees enjoyed excellent presentations and networking opportunities, as well as a tour of the sea turtle hospital.
The NFMSS is on a 2-year cycle so please make sure you are there for the next meeting in 2020!
- Dr. Don Behringer (Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences)
- Dr. Rob Ahrens (Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences)
PAST STUDENT PRESENTATION AWARD WINNERS
- Elizabeth Scherbatskoy – Best Graduate Student Oral Presentation (tied)
- Alexandra Duscher – Best Graduate Student Oral Presentation (tied)
- Elizabeth Duermit – Best Graduate Student Poster (tied)
- Derrick Vaughn – Best Graduate Student Poster (tied)
- Alex Cetta – Best Undergraduate Poster (tied)
- Alisha Phillips/Rachel Ionata – Best Undergraduate Poster (tied)
- 2009 Dr. Peter Mumby – University of Queensland
- 2010 Dr. James Estes – US Geological Survey, Western Ecological Research Center
- 2011 Dr. Robert Cowen – University of Miami
- 2012 Dr. Michael Heithaus – Florida International University
- 2013 Dr. Steven Gaines – University of California Santa Barbara
- 2014 Dr. Mark Hay – Georgia Tech
- 2016 Dr. Michael Beck – The Nature Conservancy, Lead Scientist, Global Marine Team
- 2018 Dr. Joan M. Bernhard – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, Senior Scientist
Many thanks to our generous sponsors, without whose support this symposium would not be possible!!